Total Combat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Total Combat

Welcome to the Total Combat Clan

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesIRCRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is xandiers

Our users have posted a total of 100 messages in 21 subjects

Catching Hackers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
|TC|Jesse007
Admin
Admin
|TC|Jesse007

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Hackers are a very large problem in video games, but recently I discovered that they are abundant on the UrT servers. If you think you see a hacker, don't call it out in-game. Chances are they will stop hacking in case anyone will spectate them. Instead, just spectate the supposed hacker and record a demo. You can submit this demo at the Urban Terror forums.

Now, catching a hacker is difficult because a lot of what may appear as hacking signs could also be the signs of a good player. Having said this, you could have a hacker with a terrible score. A while back I had the chance to test out the most popular hacking bundle to further my understanding of different types of hacks.

The most obvious is the aimbot - if a guy shoots at you or someone else and never seems to miss, this could be an aimbot - also aiming really, really quickly could suggest the use of this hack. The aimbot usually aims right at their chest and locks their view on that enemy until he has been terminated. If you spectate an aimbot user, you could see the above mentioned, but you might also see the camera spinning around really quickly and the player shooting an unseen enemy.

Another one is autoshoot. This is a hack that will shoot at an enemy automatically when the hacker's cross-hair is positioned over the enemy player. It requires one never to click to shoot. Someone using this could also be using the aimbot - which together make a deadly combo.

Wallhack - this can be used alone since it is very helpful. If a hacker has the wallhack activated, he can see people through walls. The only way for you to know for sure if someone is using this is to recod a demo, and play it. While it is playing go in the console and type: /r_shownormals 1
Another easy way to catch wall hackers in-game is if they jump around a wall and instantly snipe you (or visa verse). If someone has wallhack, aimbot, and autoshoot all activated, then they could lock on an enemy who's hidden, and walk around a wall and shoot the second they see the enemy.
Note: human reflex is not instantaneous. That is how you can judge a really good player from a hacker.
Be ware, though. For example, if a camper snipes me and thinks they weren't seen, they might not move. In this case (if I saw them) I could sneak up on them and jump out and snipe them. Of course, if they did move I would look foolish.

Auto Environment: lets hackers see the full bodies through walls. Well this can't really be caught easily unless someone is constantly shooting at walls and you find out later enemies were behind those walls. But only bad hackers would end up doing this, so you can't call this one out easily.

There are other hacks, but these are what 90% of all hackers use, either alone or in combo - as final note, there are many instances where you think you caught a hacker who really was just a good player. The only way to see the difference is by spectating them/ recording a demo.
Back to top Go down
https://totalcombat.forumotion.net
|TC|Markman1
Admin
Admin
|TC|Markman1

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 am

another good one is lucifer's beretta where a player uses a beretta and shoots super fast (un human). and has no spread. Also one more I know is the to spray cheat. Say you are shooting the AK103 and hold the mouse, there will be no spray and all the bullets will hit the target. This one can be used with aim bot. Also another deadly combo.
Back to top Go down
|TC|GODslayer
Admin
Admin
|TC|GODslayer

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:34 pm

ok, i know that this is noobish but i want to see what an actually aimbot/wallhack would look like in URT...does anyone have one?
Back to top Go down
|TC|Markman1
Admin
Admin
|TC|Markman1

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Ya we can make a demo and show you. Also I want to play urt with you tomorrow 9:00 EST that's 6:00 for you, search my name and don't be late.
Back to top Go down
|TC|GODslayer
Admin
Admin
|TC|GODslayer

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:06 am

6:00 for me...ok, i can make it, i think, if not i'll post otherwise
Back to top Go down
|TC|Markman1
Admin
Admin
|TC|Markman1

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:26 am

Make that 4:00 for you and on Tuesday night. Im going to be out tonight and cant play at all.
Back to top Go down
|TC|GODslayer
Admin
Admin
|TC|GODslayer

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 am

won't be able to do tuesday, i have work at 5:30 which means i'll be eating dinner and finishing homework at 4:00
Back to top Go down
|TC|Markman1
Admin
Admin
|TC|Markman1

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Wednesday or Thursday?
Back to top Go down
|TC|GODslayer
Admin
Admin
|TC|GODslayer

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:58 pm

wednesday i also have work, and thursday i have the whole afternoon taken up, but friday i'm open
Back to top Go down
|TC|Markman1
Admin
Admin
|TC|Markman1

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Man it never works out, im going to the high peaks friday-monday (going to try and climb 3 Mnts) so maybe next friday. And BTW were do you work.
Back to top Go down
|TC|GODslayer
Admin
Admin
|TC|GODslayer

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Jimbo's
Back to top Go down
|TC|Markman1
Admin
Admin
|TC|Markman1

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:05 pm

what type of place is that. Never heard of it before.
Back to top Go down
|TC|GODslayer
Admin
Admin
|TC|GODslayer

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:13 pm

it is a super market...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catching Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Hackers   Catching Hackers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catching Hackers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Total Combat :: Community :: Hack Reports-
Jump to: